Home | Laws | Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Industry Professional Resources - Illinois

Frequently Asked Questions


1. What kinds of facilities require a license?

Alcohol and other drug abuse treatment facilities are licensed according to the level of care and services they are capable of providing to their patients. Any behavioral health facility that offers treatment services for substance abuse requires a license. There are two types of services. Read More

2. What kinds of facilities provide addiction services in Illinois and what are the levels of care?

In Illinois, services include Medically Managed Detoxification, Medically Managed Intensive Inpatient, Medically Monitored Detoxification, Inpatient Subacute/Residential care, Intensive Outpatient/Partial Hospitalization, Read more

3. What does it mean to be ‘licensed’, or ‘accredited’ in this industry?

Licensing means that the facility has been granted the right to operate, including a written notice conveying to the public that the Department of Human Services Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse has issued its permission to operate authorized services. These services may only be delivered…Read More

4. Are there any other organizations where we could find more information?

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration http://www.samhsa.gov/ Read More

Contact Us

11835 W Olympic Blvd.
Suite 1090
Los Angeles, CA 90064


Membership Agreement
Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy


About BHAP

Behavioral Health Association of Providers helps you feel confident that you comply with changing legal regulations and industry best practices while reinforcing your reputation within your network of ethical business practitioners.

Connect With Us